A specialty hailing from Tainan, this dish is best served hot.
Ingredients for the Taro Cake
- 2 pounds shredded taro
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Ingredients for the Meat Sauce
- Minced pork meat
- Dried shrimp
- Fried shallots
The meat sauce will be the subject of a future recipe, stay tuned!
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
Equipment and Other Things
- Grater/shredder with large holes or food processor with shredding disc
0) The prep area prior to cooking
1) Shred taro to pieces - careful with those fingers!
2) Add dry ingredients to taro and mix until it feels like it's sticking together
3) Line a bowl with parchment paper, pour in taro mixture, and lightly compress
4) Top with meat mixture, carrots, and fried shallots
7) Steam for ~30 minutes. Make sure to bring the water to a boil before inserting the bowl!
8) Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and enjoy!